Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Monday, November 14, 2011

Guest Designer Tuesday -Nov. 15th, 2011

Hello friends!

Welcome to my blog! hope you are having a wonderful day! can't believe Thanksgiving will be here next week...will be showing some new stuff soon as i can find a way to take pics...lol...lost the digi cam and still can't find it so hopefully soon in the meantime enjoy my guest designer from my Purplefuntatick Designer team....Lynne Kirsch who is a dear friend and sister! :) Thanks Lynne for being my guest designer today and as always you do wonderful creations! :) love ya! :) make sure you check out her awesome blog Her Craftiness....check it out below! :)


I am ever sew lucky to have a wonderful friend as Kari to still want me to be her Guest Designer. I must tell you that if it wasn't for Kari, I would never be blogging or posting my paper crafts. For this, Kari, I must admit I thank you more times than think "what have I gotten myself into! Seriously though, I do love to "showcase" my projects and hear what you have to think.


With that under my belt, sew to speak, I have created my version of an "Exploding Thankful Prayer Box" . . .


Recipe:

  • I found the cutting instructions to make not only the box for four (4) sizes but also the lid. This is the extra large size which measures 4 - inches and uses 2 sheets of 12 x 12 paper
  • I now make a "tent" sew to speak to add what I call my "prayer"



  • These "tents" are phenomenal to put gift cards or in this case, this was the centerpiece and I put slips of paper at everyone's place setting to write what they are thankful for and they are put in the "tent" for the following year and to start a family tradition which instead of everyone fighting, read what they were thankful for the previous year and add what they are thankful for this year.
  • The lettering was done using Making the Cut and I just love using a "heart" for the letter "O" when doing lettering. Lettering was cut in black with an ivory shadow.
  • On the four (4) sides, I placed various Thanksgiving pictures: Pilgrims (Thanksgiving Cricut Cartridge) turkey (A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge) and a dimensional pumpkin (Make the Cut) with adding another piece of paper for stability cut at 4-inches.has the words
  • The lid of my box "Give Thanks" which was also my lettering using Making the Cut with the wording in black with an ivory shadow.
  • To add a little bling, I cut dimensional flower using Accent Essentials with glittering paper and attached using puffy dots for added dimension.
  • The sides of my box lid are hot glued together for stability. I have also used brads at times to attach the sides of my box lid.

Thank you again Kari, for giving me this opportunity to be one of your Guest Designers!!!


A Blessed Thanksgiving to all!

God Bless

Hugs and Love,

Lynne



Wow! Thanks Lynne it is an awesome box and i have yet to make one ...someday when i have the time...hehe but it sure inspires me to do it.


Thanks friends for stopping by and have a blessed day! :)


In His Love,

Be Inspired,

Kari

1 comment:

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

Thank you Kari -- you are truly a beautiful person and an inspiration!
Hugs and Love
Lynne

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments