Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Saturday, February 18, 2012

February Calendar Girls Blog Hop - Feb. 18th, 2012

Hello Friends and Welcome to my blog! :)

Today I am in a different hop that celebrates all kinds of holidays and stuff so check it out below and don't forget the love! :)  First off if you came from Lynne's Blog you are in the right place but if you happened upon my blog please start at Janet's blog...don't want you to miss a sing occasion! :)

Papercrafts Presents 365 Cards magazine which is our inspiration for these monthly hops which thus became the Calendar Girls. The magazine has Creative Ideas for every day of the year: occasions, holidays, and celebrations including 42 unique holidays!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. The February unique holidays are:

February:
American Heart Month -  Janet - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
 Groundhog Day (February 2) - Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
 Thank a Mailman Day (February 4) - Nikki Heat - http://twoscrappinlawyers.blogspot.com/
 Super XLVI (February 5) - Laura - www.lauraleesdream.blogsot.com
 Kite Flying Day (February 8) - Lynne: http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
 Make a Friend Day (February 11) - Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
 Valentine's Day (February 14) - Kari - http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/
Presidents' Day (February 20) - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com
National Margarita Day (February 22)  - Lynne:http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Leap Year (February 29) -Kimberly -  http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/


Stop by and check out these holidays as I am sure you are going to want to remember these holidays and include them in your card making projects!!!!!

We will have blog candy to the lucky recipient that remarks on each site along the way!

My holiday was Valentine's Day and since I love to make cards more than anything this is one I can!! so this is my project...check it out below and the recipe is below the pic...

I used white cardstock...I used my stampology Valentine stamps...used black ink pad to stamp them and then I used my water color pencil green for the leaves then I used my small heart puncher on some leftover scrap papers to glue to the heart flowers and also use stickles on many of them...to make them pretty of course...then I used my Stamps of life Butterfly swirly stamp to make the butterfly path for my butterfly that I also punched out with another butterfly puncher that my friend has on left over scraps once again then used stickles on the body of the butterfly then I used another Stamps of Life stamp for the sentiment "I love you because..." in red ink pad.  Voila! simple card but cute I think...had to make this last minute from another project that I didn't have a chance to finish but I think you can use this anytime for a love one!

Hope you enjoy my project! and thanks for stopping by...and now time to flutter to Kimberly -


Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month on March 10th!

As always friends thanks for stopping by and giving the love and wish you blessings! :)

In His Love,
Be Inspired,
Kari

10 comments:

Janet said...

Super sweet card love hte heart flowere and the bling
Big Blog Hugs, Janet

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

I'm loving your card -- of course it has your signature butterfly which is just swirling into our hearts... Thank you sew much for being a Calendar Girl and I love hopping with you my dear sister and friend!!!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne
Her Craftiness

Laura said...

Kari... amazing card... LOVE the butterfly.... and the heart flowers are soo cool.... you are a stickle girl just like me....
hugs..Laura

JaniceA said...

Pretty card love the heart flowers!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

From the heart shaped flowers to the fluttering butterfly overhead... this card screams love all the way around.

I love it!

Kimberly

Edwina said...

Kari, I love your card! It is so pretty! I love the butterfly with it's flying path. looks like it was checking out the flowers as it flew by. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Edwina said...

Kari, I love your card! It is so pretty! I love the butterfly with it's flying path. looks like it was checking out the flowers as it flew by. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Lori's Crafty Spot said...

Very pretty card!

Karlene Hansen said...

Love the card, butterflies are my favorite :) and love the theme of the blog hop, how fun!!

Kar :)
karlene_hansen@yahoo.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, what an adorable card!!!

Hi, Kari! Thanks for taking time to visit with me today! And, welcome to my little family of friends. I am so happy to see you and hope to see you again. Of course, please always make yourself comfortable when you stop by because your at home!!!

I'll be following and keeping up with you too, my friend!

Hugs!

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments