Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lynne's Mad Hatter 60th Birthday Tea Party Blog Hop - Jan. 28-29, 2012

Hello Friends and Welcome to My Blog! :)

Welcome to Lynne's Mad Hatter 60th Birthday Tea Party Blog Hop --- don't be late for this very important date and just to be sure you're not late, we're serving tea for not one day but two!! Watch out for rabbit holes, and those drink me and eat me potions as you must do them in moderation. You'll never know what you will see beyond the looking glass --- sew, sit down a spell and enjoy the talented ladies as we hop along in Wonderland. Warning, watch out for the Queen of Hearts as she is losing in the game of croquet and its off with your heads!!!!!  First off if you came from Jamie then you are in the right place but if you happened upon my blog please start with tea at Lynne's blog...don't want you missing the party! :) Now lets get this party started.

Rather than cake, crumpetts, tarts and cookies, we have blog candy and I mean some sweet treats that are being offered by our great sponsors:
Pat Catan's has donated a $25 gift card for shopping at their store, if there isn't a Pat Catan's in your area, we can transfer that out for you  Karber Digital Images at http://www.karberdigital.com/ has offered 2 digital designs of the winner's choice Digi My World at http://digimyworld.com/shop/ has offered a $10 gift card  SVG Attic at http://www.svgattic.com/ has offered a $20 gift certificate PSA Stamps at www.psastamps.com.blogspot.com has offered a 1 stamper, 2 Peel & Stick packs of winner's choice. MSRP for each package is $55. Creative Kuts has offered a $20 Gift Certificate to http://creativekuts.com/ Deborah Marie Foti of http://www.scrappingmamma.net/ will make one of her original birthday cards, Crafty Friends Sentiments Large Sheet by www.gettingcricky.com AND $10 Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Gift Certificate
To be eligible by posting you must comment and post on each stop of our tea party along the way --- now remember to hold your pinky out when drinking your tea --- will that be 1 lump or 2?

If you stopped at my blog to just visit today, I don't want you to miss a single thing along the way and you need to start at the beginning which is two hares by the Cheshire cat who is grinning at you and that darn caterpiller smoking her pipe at http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/


I did a frame digi thingy...for I have no other name for it...hehe...but it is tribute to Lynne's sense of humor...I did a scene from the Alice In Wonderland story...the Tea Party...




My recipe is the fact I took an old broken frame and used the Red Carstock as the backdrop for my digi coloring page I made of the scene...I took it and cut it out and then I water colored it...then I stickled the main characters and few things to make it stand out and then I used the sentiment from my Frog Stamp collection from the Stamp of Life set that I had ...thought it was appropriate for "Hoppy Birthday" well...since we are hopping along with the Mad Hatter and his friends...hehe...I embossed with silver emboss powder and cut it out in a square and inked it up with Purple to stand out (my signature is purple of course...as mine...hehe) Then I decided to cut another square to fit the bling square to make Lynne the limelight and for the year of her celebration so when she receives it from me she will remember she was the star of the show...Happy Birthday my dear friend and sister! Love ya! :)

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your tea and crumpets and your next stop is not Twiddledee and Twiddledum but  http://digimyworld.blogspot.com/
Remember to stop by again tomorrow and check out all the tea parties!!!  As always friends thanks for stopping by and sharing the love and now have fun drinking more tea or having crumpets! :)

Hugs, Love, Tea Cups and Crumpets, (hehe)

Kari 

24 comments:

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

This is a cute card! STickles are something that I am trying to learn to use. I either don't get enough or I get globs of it all at one time. Tricky little bottles of sparkle! ~:^)

Kimberly
http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

Creations by Shirl said...

Love this cute mad hatter card....
Everyone is celebrating....

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

Me dear precious friend -- I love it and its purrfect!!!!!! Thank you sew much for participating in my 60th birthday blog hop and making it a real party!!!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne
Her Craftiness
http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/

JaniceA said...

What a great picture! You did a great job on this!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Edwina said...

Kari, I love the image! Making a piece of are for Lynne is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

Jill Angel said...

Oh my I love this. Especially the Stickle sparkle!
Jill
http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

Michelle F. said...

Kari you have made this mad tea party shine ! LOL Super job dear friend.

JustYolie said...

Fabulous card Kari!!!

ShersL84bed said...

Your card spells out F-U-N to me. I love it!

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

callyannc said...

Love it! Love the stickles! TFS CallyAnn

Janet said...

Great image you did a super job coloring and blinging it up. Love the frame it looks great. Nice hopping with you!
Big Blog Hugs, Janet

jennyplace2 said...

Such a great card, just so fun!

Tanya said...

Wonderful card!! TFS :)

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com/

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Great job! Love altered frames!! Thanks for sharing!
Patti
www.shortnscrappy.com
phurlburt at shortnscrappy dot com

CLB said...

Cute card! TFS

keaunalynn@msn.com

Stacey Brucale said...

This is cute! The tea party is one of my favorite scenes!

xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Kari
Your picture is beautiful. I like the added glitter. Well done.
KristaInMN at gmail dot com

forpahl5 said...

keep it coming!

forpahl5atgmaildotcom

Tambo said...

Kari, this is a cute picture of the tea party. tfs Tami
Tambos Creations!

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your card.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

marg0006 said...

Great job on the card.
marg0006@verizon.net

BlueCrayons said...

very nice. great recycling idea.



craftingwithblue at gmail dot com

Susan L said...

I just love this!!! The sparklies make it. Awesome job Miss Kari :) Thank you for sharing in Lynne's special day.

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

lauralee53 said...

Love your picture and the coloring. I'm just now getting into digi coloring.

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments