Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kimberly's Anniversary Blog Hop - Jan. 31st - Feb 1st, 2012

If you are here for Hop then you are in the right place but if you are here for my PurpleFuntastick Guest Design post please scroll down...thanks! :)

Hello Friends and Welcome to my Blog! :)



Photobucket


Today we are celebrating Kimberly's Blog Anniversary ...Happy Anniversary Kimberly and I wish you many more years of fun, creativity and blog happenings !! :) So if you happened upon my blog please start with Kimberly's blog and because I don't want you missing a thing...and if you are here from Kimberly then you are in the right place! :)



What is a blog hop without candy! so make sure you comment!  Now lets get this party started and check out the rules and all the info below! :) have fun hopping! :)
Welcome to Kimberly's Blogaversary. I'm tired of winter and thought it was time for a "spring fling"!!! All I asked for the crafters was to do something that reflects birth which is what spring means to me in pastel and floral colors!

We have a wonderful group of sponsors that want to have "Spring" too ..... I would ask that each of you take the time to stop and visit each one of the sponsors.  They have graciously donated their talent for this hop.

Creative Kut ~ $10 gift Certificate (http://www.creativekuts.com/ )

KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ $20 Gift Certificate (http://www.kadoodlebugdesigns.com/ )
Mickie Burks Osman ~ a paper pack and some stamping goodies 
Lucy Kelleher ~ Close To My Heart ~ December Stamp of the Month (http://love2createitall.blogspot.com) Nikki Schiltz Calmes ~ 
Paper Piecings by Nikki ~ $25 credit to Paper Peicings by Nikki (www.paperpiecingsbyNikki.com ) Scraptastical Kreations ~ $20 Gift Certificate (http://scraptasticalkreations.com/ ) 

There are a lot of great gardeners along the path, so this hop is two days, so, so sit back, relax and take your time browsing each garden. To be eligible for the blog candy, you must follow Kimberly’s blog.  Other bloggers may have additional requirements if they offer individual blog candy.

I don't want you to miss a single spring project and want you to start at the beginning of spring at Kimberly (http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/)
I can hardly believe I have been blogging and showcasing my crafts for a year now!!! I've grown just like spring and learned so much as I have traveled the crafting path.  I am sure you will be as impressed with the talent from these crafters as I am.


Suns
hine, Raindrop, and Rainbows and Flower
Now the only requirement she made was to have Theme ~ Spring/Colors are pastels to signify life, growth, spring (florals/paisley)

Here is my project:  I decided to do an altered frame of spring...of course I had to use my favorite color and I was lucky I had a frame in my stash...hope you like it and the recipe is below the picture. :)




My recipe:  I used a purple frame and then I glued down the pearl string with my Aleene's Tacky glue and then let it dry and then added the embellishment of flowers and butterflies...these flowers and butterflies were given to me from Shannon Leffew Keith (who makes wonderful flowers! and butterflies too!) and glued them to the frame to...to make them like they were flying around the flowers and wanting attention...hehe...the one butterfly in the left hand corner I attached to a glitter green cs punched out butterfly I love to use! gotta have bling and a butterfly punch...hehe...hope you enjoy smelling the flowers and seeing the butterflies. :)


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget the love and well wishes for Kimberly and remember "think spring" and have that "spring fling"!!
Your next stop along the way on the garden path is
: Lisa


In His Love,
Be Inspired,
Kari

20 comments:

Sue said...

Love your frame and now is see why your blog is called PurpleFuntastical Creations!!! purple must be your fav colour??!!!

Michele Eickholt said...

Very pretty! I love to make altered art and picture frames are one of favorites to alter. You did a great job!
~Michele~
http://chelescrafts.blogspot.com/

kahaulani said...

love the photo frame!!!

Jessica Owens said...

Very pretty frame, I love the butterflies.

JaniceA said...

Beautiful frame, my daughters favorite color. You did a great job on it.
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Audrey Godere -Dickinson said...

Beautiful.. love it

Judy said...

Your purply Spring frame is just lovely!! Your projects are always so 'special'!
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

beautiful frame --- speaks of spring!!! pleasure as always hopping with you my sister!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Great idea.

Melissa Deuss said...

Beautiful Picture frame!!!

Diannes Scrappy Creations said...

New follower.....great frame i gonna have to make one soon i been wanting to s thanks for inspiration. diannescrappycreations@yahoo.com

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

beautiful frame Kari! Any shade of purple is my favorite color... love it!
Staci

Connie Gail said...

Very lovely! I love seeing the butterflies and flowers together. Would make a nice frame for your favorite bible verse... :)

Karenladd said...

Just gorgeous...LOVE those flowers!

Leslie-kbgirlygirl said...

Such a cute project! TFS!

Leslie
kbgir00@yahoo.com

Fab said...

Lovely frame ! Love the colours ! X Fab

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

Oh what a beautiful picture frame you have created. I love the flowers and those butterflies. I know both would be on your project.

Thank you so much for being part of my first anniversary blog hop.

Kimberly

Im just me - Marleen said...

a really cute frame xx

Angie said...

What a pretty frame! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower!
~Angie
scrappin4mykids@yahoo.com

Lucy Kelleher said...

What a great idea to alter a frame! I love the purple color :)

Lucy
http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments