Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Thursday, January 26, 2012

PurpleFuntastick Creations Design Team Introductions - Jan. 26, 2012

Hello Friends! and Welcome to my Blog! :) 

Today I am really excited to introduce you to my wonderful talented Purplies Design Team from near and far...a wonderful group of dynamic, fun and talented ladies! :) Check them all out below with their project to show a few things we are going to be showcasing on my blog in the next few months....have fun and come back for some new adventures. I am going to be showing through tutorials and some other surprises this year.  Now are you EXCITED!!! :) Now go check out my wonderful DT!!! :)  I have posted their pics and bio first for you to get to know them and their creation for all to see some of their talents they have and to show some of what we will be doing...OH YEAH I am definitely going to be pushing them out of their comfort zone!! They are going to ride along with me to step out this year!!! hehe...don't forget to show the love! and thanks for your support...and look forward to some blog updates on my blog...will be changing some things around as we go...so looking forward to you sharing the journey with me! :) hugs friends!  Be blessed in the New Year of 2012! :)



Hi There! I'm Tina. I'm an energetic SAHM of two active Kiddos. My daughter Lizzy  is four and my son, Jimmy is three. I've been married to my Disabled Veteran Hubby for five and half years and we bought a new home in Marlboro Township, Ohio last Winter. I originally started scrapbooking 8 years ago when my hubby and I were just engaged and he was in Iraq. It's something I did with the other moms, wives & Girlfriends to pass the time while the guys were deployed.  Once I got married & Pregnant, I stopped crafting since I was so busy. I Just started crafting in June again and that's when I started my blog.I have now fallen in love with Stamping, card making and of course my new found obsession with Copic Markers. When I started back to crafting in June, I started with just Cricut Crafting, but found that I love coloring stamps & digi stamps. Everyday I'm learning! I just love seeing what others make and taking an idea & tweeking it to be my own! I do have a busy life outside of the Crafting world as well. I Organize a Large Mom's Group, I'm involved in a Book Study and also co-chair a Music Ministry. (My other passion besides crafting is SINGING!! Thanks again for joining us! I can't wait to craft with you all!!
 --


Many Blessings,
Tina

Crafty and Green
http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com
tinakeller.gogreen@gmail.com

Kimberly Pate
I am what I consider to be a Rookie at Paper Crafting, I have been doing this for just a year’s time.  As a web designer, creativity comes somewhat easy for me, and I try take that creativity and put it to use in my paper crafting. While I do mostly cards and scrapbook pages, I am learning to take baby steps out of my comfort zone and take on new challenges. Each new project teaches me something new. 
 


When I am not creating,  I am an online instructor, a wife with a supportive husband, a grandmother of three and an avid sports fan. 
Kimberly Pate 

Shawnee

I am a blessed wife to my dh Jason of 15 years. I am a mom to 9 wonderful children - Eight wonderful boys and one beautiful baby girl. I have been crafting since my son Liam was born in 2001, but when I got my first Baby Bug Cricut in 2010. My husband surprised me with it by setting it outside on our porch. He kept telling me that I needed to go outside but it was really cold. I was like No, it's cold out there. He said, okay. Finally, he brought it inside and said so you don't want this do you? I was so excited. I couldn't believe that he had gotten me a Baby Bug. Since then I have been an active part of the Cricut message board and have learned so much. My style is plainly me. I don't know what else to call it. I like to keep things simple yet, make them beautiful as well. 
I love to make cards and projects to encourage others. I started Hope and Faith Cards Ministry along with my friend Rachelle,  this year just for that purpose.  The goal of the ministry is to encourage sick children and families providing them with Hope through faith. My favorite scripture verse is Jeremiah 29:11. It reminds me that God has a wonderful plan and purpose for our lives. We just have to be obedient and continue to walk in His ways. 

In my spare time, I like to design websites, make others smile, spend time with my family, and read on my Kindle. 

Blessings
Shawnee
http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com
Susan


Hello everyone. I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful design team! My name is Susan Bermudez and I have been papercrafting for almost 4 years now. I started with rubber stamping for cards and then became a scrapbooker. Although new to papercrafting, I have been crafting since a very young age. I started sewing little felt frogs and then progressed to various types of needlework, then knitting, crocheting and quilting. Digital scrapbooking and Digital stamping have joined the ranks now.

I am the wife to my wonderful husband, Alex, who wholeheartedly supports all my creative endeavors. I am also mom to my 3 amazing two legged children (Melissa, Alex Jr and David) and our four legged one (Tina). I am also a grandma to Elijah who is 3. My family gives me the best scrapbooking material and I could not do it without their love and support. I hope you will come by my blog (Susana's Scrappin' Corner) and see what I have made recently. Until next time, I wish you a scrappingly good day :)


Lynne


Hi, I’m Lynne and I’m from Pittsburgh, PA. I’m new to the paper crafting world and only have been dabbling for almost 2 years when I purchased my first Cricut and I must admit it was love at first cut. Through much insisting, I started my first blog called Her Crafiness May 2011. I have crafted in many mediums ranging from doll sculpting, quilting, sewing, soft-dolls, embroidery, crochet, knitting, counted cross-stitch and machine-embroidery and now, lets add to my repertoire paper crafting. I prefer to make cards which my grandchildren love!!!! I have 6 grandchildren ranging from age 10 months to 6 years of age with our blended family! I’m now on permanent disability due to fibromyalgia and herniated discs just to name a few!!! Thanks Kari for adding me to your team as I’m thrilled to see what I can design and incorporate for you!

This is my first Design Team Project for Kari’s Purplies. Her instructions were simple – work outside our comfort zone. Now, that leaves a lot of room for design and creativity and believe it or not, it wasn’t an easy project!



Now, all little girls love paper dolls and I’m no exception to the rule! I also love the antics of doll making with eleanor peace bailey. I have a delightful pattern of her’s which is called  Exploring the Flat Doll and the Playful Use of the Figure and used this as my inspiration.
 
Hope you enjoyed my very first project for Kari’s Purplies and please stop by and see what comes from my crafting fantasies next!!!! Don’t forget to leave some bloggie love and comments as I would love to know what you think!!!!!
God Bless 
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne 

Carolyn

Hi, I’m Carolyn and I’m thrilled at the opportunity to stretch myself and meet new friends by being on Kari’s design team. I live in the North-West of England, am 43 and mother to two teenagers, one of whom has special needs. I started crafting with scrapbooking and soon moved into cards, ATC’s, altered art, and mixed media. I love to combine odd things or use old papers in my projects and love buttons! I am also a keen photographer, studying at the local adult college to learn to use my dslr. In my other time I love to make handmade felt, both art and small gifts and often use small pieces of my felt on cards or in other crafts. I have a great belief that everyone has a creative side to them and that there is great freedom to be found in playing.

My project is an art journal page. This is something of an experiment and a newer field for me. I started with a layer of green paint on a canvass page, and then added distress stain around the edges to tone down the brightness a little. The petals of the flower are cut from old dictionary pages and some are coloured with distress ink and others with writing in sharpie pens. The spikes and centre are made from recycled sari silk yard and an old jeans button. The journaling goes around the edge of the inside petals and talks of the different roles I play, the different parts of my life and how none of them alone says who I really I am. My identity is not in roles or achievements, but as a child of God, loved and created for purpose. Each petal is important, but they make up a much greater whole.
It isn’t a perfect piece of work, it didn’t come out exactly as I planned, but that is life. It is why I believe everyone  can have a go at these things, just pick up a pen or a paintbrush and relax.
Carolyn Phillips :)


Hi my name is Zenita Smith but I'm known around the scrapping world as ScrappinwithZ. I'm a substitute teacher which works great because I have time to do what I love which is Scrapbooking and playing with paper. I started collecting scrapbook products over 10 years ago and then 8 years ago when we received two little boys that we wanted to adopt I started to actually use the products that I had been collecting. Today my 2 older boys plus their wives along with the two boys that we adopted give me plenty of photos to play with. In May we will be getting our first grandchild and I'm sure I will have even more fun there. I'm Copic certified and have fell in love playing with Copic markers and stamps (digital or rubber.)

  

Zenita

Please WELCOME these wonderful ladies on my Design Team! :) As always friends thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week! :) hugs


In His Love,
Be Inspired,
Kari

6 comments:

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

Fantastick projects Ladies --- This team rocks!

Unknown said...

Purple color is used in a tremendous way. This page is very pretty.




plastic cards
plastic card printing

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get to play along with everyone!!
Z

Tammy said...

Congratulations ladies!! what an honor and blessing to be on Kari's design team:) may blessings abound
Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Unknown said...

Can't wait to play.

Rosie said...

awesome DT! cant wait to see all future projects!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments