Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Muppets back Together Blog Hop - Jan. 12-13, 2012

Hello Friends and Welcome to my Blog! :)

I am excited about this blog hop of an oldie but a favorite and it brings back memories for me and my children...check out below the rules and have fun hopping! :) If you start here you are in the right place...hehe...you love me and I know it and thank you! ; but let's get this party started and check it out below!

Don't you just love remembering the Muppet Show that was on TV back in the 80's? Ok, showing my age here but the theme song still runs through my head!!!! The Muppets are just as popular as in the 80's with the movie that came out at Thanksgiving of 2011! The Muppets are Back Together Again. To show tribute to our love of Jim Henson's Muppets, this hop is dedicated to the Muppets Back Together Again!

Sit back and recall your youth of the 80's and remember your favorite Muppet! And we have retro blog candy two 8.5 x 11 tie died paper, two 12 x 12 Groovy Baby tied die paper, Just Add self-stick peace sign gems, Scrappy Cat Peace Sign, Peace, wit bling, and Jolee's by You Dimensional New York Sticker along with a yard of some tie-die ribbon to "tie" your project together!! What a groovy candy for all you special people. 



Also, we have some beautiful flowers that Shannon Leffew Keith makes at http://shannonleffew.blogspot.com/ 
A paper piecing from http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/
Be sure to remark on each of the hops along the way while we show you our favorite Muppet, with your remarks. 


 Here is the line-up in case you get lost in Vaudville lane...don't want that happening and see some of the fantastic designers and their projects... :)
My favorite Muppet is Gonzo!!! I think he is fun, loveable and sweet and yeppers he has a little purple color on his beak!! hehe

Project: Journal

Recipe: I use a composite book to make a journal book for a sick little boy I know to give him some fun to write in it and or doodle for that matter.  I use a color page and copied him to size to fit the book and trimmed it to fit perfectly...I colored it with my water color pencils which I love to do...feel like a kid again...hehe and then after I colored that I use some stickle on his helmet, stars, and then I used pear stickle on his cape to make it light and real, then I put some Aleene Crafting glue and stick the paper on the book and then I punched a circle to put the little boy's initial to fit it and then inked it up...I wish I would have thought to inked up the edges of the big one but oh well...my brain was fried by this time but I plan on making some more of these to have on hand for other children for my church who get ill and need a little cheering up...and ink it up the next time around...hope you liked it! :).
 




NOW, it's on with the show with Scooter and Kermit being the emcee . . . just don't pay attention to the hecklers up there in the private booth - they're just too opinated and OLD!!


Your next stop along the Vaudeville show route is :
Susan http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
Hope you enjoyed our tribute to the Muppets and don't forget to let us know your favorite Muppet character!!!!


Well friends thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all again soon! :)

In His Love,
Be Inspired,
Kari

21 comments:

Scrappin' Sista said...

I love this journal. This is TOO STINKIN' cute! Great job. TFS and scrappy hugs!

Christel
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How Cute! I just love this!!
Rachelle
joyfulhrt at gmail dot com
www.creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

The journal is just adorable!!! I love it and it is a great project to have on hand for sick kids or even kids that are just visiting!!!
Pleasure as always hopping with you Sister!
Hugs and Love,
lynne

Michelle F. said...

Kari, That journal will keep him busy for ever! So sweet !

Michelle F. said...

Kari, Susans blog link at the bottom doesn't work and her blog does not have the muppet hop on it, unless I am blind. FYI .

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Great Journal! Looks great! Miss Piggy is my most favorite muppet!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

lorby said...

Gonzo to the rescue of helping a sick little boy. So cute. I'm sure he just loved it or will love it i you haven't given it to him yet.

Vicki said...

Any kid would love to receive one of your journals..I'm an just thinking of my grandsons here..so maybe I should make a couple..:)

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com

Ashley Nicole said...

This is such a cute notebook. I love Gonzo! What a great theme for a hop.
Ashley
http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Nita said...

Oh how FUN! I can't tell you how much I love The Muppets (there will always be a special place in my heart for Kermit - thank goodness my husband's okay with this! lol!), and my children are following my example. :)

Love the journal - it would definately make me smile!

Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

ShersL84bed said...

Love your journal. Gonzo is so cute.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Nita said...

Me again. What a FUN HOP! I tried to leave comments on everyone's projects, but I failed with Erin. My computer and Blogger had a big fight and my computer lost. :( Can you please tell Erin for me that a Muppet-themed Bridal Shower would be a dream come true, and I kind of wish she was my family. :)

Thanks so much for making me smile this morning! :)

Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Love the journal, it's very sweet of you to do this for some sick kids. Love the use of stickles.

Vicki said...

Cute journal. My favorite muppet is Kermit.

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

The Crafty Dream said...

Cute!!!

Gaby!! The crafty dream

The Crafty Dream said...

Cute!!!

Gaby!! The crafty dream

Erin G said...

Great Project!

Katie said...

what a great idea to use a composit book...you can get them pretty cheep after school has started...smart thinking...KtsAngels at cableone dot net
KtsAngels dot blogspot dot com

Susan L said...

Oh my goodness!!!! The Great Gonzo. This hop is going to take me back to the days when life was simpler. I love the notebook!!! Great job my friend. It is always a pleasure to hop with you.

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

callyannc said...

Super cute idea Kari! Love it! CallyAnn

Tammy said...

I LOVE the muppets!! I used to have the Miss Piggy puppet---You are too cute, Kari!!! You are such a blessing to all---don't ever forget how special you are:) Huge hugs and blessings
Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments