Come to be inspired and have fun tagging along with me on my crafting journey as I do my creative activities .....Cardmaking, Scrapping, Faithbooking ... by Kari

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Guest Designer June 22nd


Hello Friends,

Hope you are having a great summer so far! :) Thanks for stopping by and today's post features my Guest designer, my wonderful friend Faith. She is a very talented designer and a wonderful friend! :) So please giver her some love and check out her blog and I am so thrilled to have her here today. :) Eek! ...

Please leave a comment to let her how she did and visit her blog. And now...here's Faith:

Thanks Kari! I'm honored to be asked to contribute to your blog as a guest designer. Wanna know a little secret....this is my FIRST guest designer position!!!! I hope I don't disappoint!

Lemme first begin with a little bit about myself just in case your readers don't know who I am. Four years ago I escaped a domestic violence and I now go both in and by FAITH! I am a proud single mom to 4 of the most incredibly smart, beautiful, and patient (they'd have to be to have me as their mom with all of my mistakes) children EVER! I am currently in school full-time and, like Kari, purple is my all time FAVORITE color ever. If you want to know more about me, please visit my blog. I'm too lazy to copy and paste the About Me information, let alone re-type it all!

My good friend Kari asked me to do something Father's Day or Wedding themed. I needed to do both anyway so it was kind of perfect actually. I might not get to the Father's Day card today, but I did make a wedding card for a friend of mine's daughter who got married recently. Please forgive the photo...even with my light box the photo doesn't do the card justice.


I sure do hope my friend's daughter will like it. Her colors were pale pink, champagne, and white I think and this color scheme was really a challenge. Pink is not my favorite color. The family is also very high class/sophisticated and so I knew nothing "cutsie" would do. Thankfully my eCraft allows me to do elegant with ease!

Supplies Needed:
eCraft
In Love SD Card
Pink Beaded Ribbon (I got mine at Hancock Fabric and Crafts)
Lacey Ovals from Spellbinders
Classic Ovals from Spellbinders
Manual Die Cutting Machine (I used my Cuttlebug)
Lace (also from Hancock's)
A2 Card Base (DCWV Linen and Lace stack)
5.25 x 4 mat (DCWV Linen and Lace stack)
Scraps for Spellbinders cuts (both the lacey oval and pink oval are colorbok paper)
Tulle for veil
Scrap paper for silhouette cuts (mine is from Core'dinations)
Ink (I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo)
Sentiment (Verve and offhand I forget which set)
Adhesive (ATG and foam squares)

I rounded my corners on the mat, sponged the Vintage Photo on the edges, cut and layered the ovals and added the lace and ribbon to the background mat before adhering it to the card base. I cut the couple on my eCraft using the In Love SD card at I think 3.5 inches. I very lightly inked the edges of this cut to make it stand out against the pink a little better. You probably can't even tell...that was intentional lol! I used some tulle to give the bride a veil and stamped the sentiment using Vintage Photo as well. My sentiment is not quite perfect and it aggravates me. I wasn't going to use a stamp at all and then the spot the sentiment is in just looked so naked without it so I added it later. The problem was those dang beads on the pink ribbon got in the way and so I didn't get as clean of an impression as I would have liked (maybe the recipient won't even notice), but overall I'm still very happy with the result!

I may be back still with a Father's Day project...I do have to make a card for my Daddy but chores and errands and a bunch of other things might need some attention too.

Thanks Kari for inviting me to be a guest designer for you! I would love to do it again some time...and now back to you:

Thanks again for stopping by and giving us both some love and have a wonderful week!

In His Love,
Be Inspired,
Kari

1 comment:

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Kari for having Faith as your guest Desinger! Faith you did an Awesome job!!! Love your card!! I as well as you and Kari Am a huge fan Of Purple!! I am on my way to the post office to mail my 12 cards and Money! Instead of using envelopes I wrapped each Card In tissue and tied them with strips of paper (the kind used to put into baskets or Gift bags. I am very pleased with how they turned out and hope that they bring comfort to who ever receives them! Thanks for being so Generious and thoughtful! If I have not mentioned it before,I to am a DV survivor!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann♥

I love your comments and let me know what you think! :) hugs!

> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments